Monday, October 29, 2012

Oct. 29, 2012


Welll hello family :)
HOW ARE YOU ALL?! Hope so great :) Hope your week was awesome.
P day was good this week thanks to all the birthday cards/money. :) We went shopping and had a blast. I was in need of a good shopping trip haha.

So in our mission we started a new program called ATM. This program has us set up appointments with members, have them pray to know of someone they can share the gospel with, we then share the story of Joseph Smith and bear our testimonies, and then ask the member to bear their testimony and then ask who came to mind. I was really kind of scared to start it. BUT this week we were given 5 names of people that members could talk to or that we could visit. It's been really cool.

Tuesday we went to the Hawkens and tried to program out on them. I began to cry as I shared the story of Joseph Smith. I don't usually get emotional as I share that story... but I couldn't help but keep crying. I just love the church and I'm so grateful it's been restored.

It's finally getting cold here! YAY! I've been wearing jackets and tights and scarves. I love it! :) We had a lesson with ------ this week. We didn't get to go to the temple Saturday but we should be going with him on Thursday! :) 

So we were tracting this week and as we were standing on this doorstep a car drove by and I made eye contact with the driver. Well, the people at the house didn't asnwer and we moved on. A couple minutes later that same car I made eye contact pulled into the driveway of the house that didn't answer. They had totally avoided us. hahah. SOOO, we went back and knocked on their door.. and now we have a return appointment with the lady who lives there and she is excited about the BoM... Persistence pays off :) hahah.

So this week, we have been feeling really down. We can't seem to find anyone to teach.. we have been all over the place and it's just been rough. BUT THE LORD PLACED MIRACLES IN OUR PATH YESTERDAY. Sis H and I have been trying to focus on making goals that are from the spirit and trusting that we can reach those goals. Well, yesterday morning we went to Westcliff to speak. I spoke on gaining our own testimonies and it went really well :) I talked about how I gained a testimony and the trials I faced. I used a lot of quotes from Elder Bednars talk this last conference called "Converted to the Lord." Westcliff is this crazy small town and the LDS church is literally a mobile home.... SO CRAZY haha. It was an hour away and we got to drive through the mtns. There was fire in the mtns. last week and we got to see the damage to some homes. SO sad. But anyways. It was fun to go to Westcliff. While speaking I bore my testimony on how the Lord places us in our families for a reason. I'm so grateful He gave me a family that would save me through my trials. Thanks fam bam :)

So once we got back to Pueblo we thought there would be no way we would reach our goals since the day was half way over. We had to go pick up our dinner calendar and I felt prompted to go tracting by the ladies house we picked our calendar up at. We needed 3 more baptismal invites and to find 2 people with date. We weren't finding much success but we decided to hit another street. We met a guy and we began to share about the BoM and then told him the story of Joseph Smith. He loved it and said he was searching for something like this :) MIRACLE. He accepted a date and is excited to have us come back. So that was one with a date, and we had gotten 2 invites out at this point. We needed one more invite and one more person with a date. It was getting pretty dark and we needed to get home. BUT we decided to talk to one person right when we were getting into the car. As we turned around a lady walked around the corner. We ran over to her and started to talk to her. She told us of her trials in life. I read Alma 7:11-12 with her and when I looked up tears were rolling down her face. She said she knew it was the word of God!!!!!!!! And we continued to testify. She said she recently became christian in Feb but doesn't have a church to attend. We bore testimony of ours and when we invited her to be baptized she looked down, paused, and said " I'm ready." OH MY GOSH. Such a miracle. She is having so many trials right now and is so excited to learn and be baptized now. The Lord truly provides when we are focused on His will, NOT ours. Happy Happy day :) What a great way to end the week. :)
Some crazy stories of the week. Some guy tried to bash with us for an hour. We just sat there testifying. Anyways, he asked what blessings I've seen since being a Mormon. I stated simply, "I'm happy" He said, "that's it?" I just smiled. Of course that is it!!!! That is all I need.  Adam fell that men might be, men are that they might have joy. It's sad that people don't understand that. So in talking to him, I gained a testimony of the fact that I'm happy and that my testimony has become more solid. I didn't feel any need to defend myself to him. I know what I know, and I love my testimony. :)

Needless to say, I'm so happy today. The church is true. I'm so blessed and I'm grateful I have a testimony. :)
I LOVE YOU ALL :)
MISS YOU ALL!
HAPPY HALLOWEEN :) :) :)
-Sister Baker