Sunday, July 8, 2012


Well hello everyone :)
Hope you are all so good!

For starters, the fires are really bad in colorado springs, as you know. But they aren't really affecting us here in Pueblo, and hopefully it stays that way. I think some missionaries were evacuated in springs, but I'm not positive. I know that all the hotels and such are booked here in Pueblo because everyone has been coming here when they get evacuated. I can't believe the fire!! It's crazy. I hear there are fires in Utah. Is all well there? I hope you aren't close by. And yes, this sunday, we were asked to include in our fast prayers for the firefighters and for rain!

This week, we taught a girl. It was kind of a miracle how we met her, and then our lesson with her was so amazing. She is catholic and like 20 years old. She loved our message and said she felt the spirit, and when we invited her to baptism she declined. It was such a bummer. Hopefully we can continue to meet with her. It blows my mind how people recieve a confirmation that this is true, and then they choose not to act on it. It's so sad.
Also, another miracle happened this week. Sister Mackenzie and I do our laundry at the Elders becasue they have a washer and dryer, we dont. Well, she left her book of mormon there and Wednesday we had to go pick it up. We just walk to the Elders too, cause they are right up the street. When we were leaving their place a lady in her car came into their apartment area and yelled, are you the new missionaries?!... we hesitated and said yes. She said she knew elders lived in these apartments adn we told her that we weren't new, and that we just lived down the road. She continued to tell us how she was a member and was excommunicated and she wants the gospel back in her life so bad. She told us she had seen us the other day and wanted to yell out to us but didn't. She told us we were an answer to her prayers and that it was such a blessing that we walked into her path again. How cool is that? She wants us to meet with her daughters and her husband. She is really rough around the edges, but I'm excited to see her life change as we teach her. What a blessing to know that I was in the right place at the right time! I love it!!!!

This week we have been meeting with a lot of ward members to get to knwo them. We were able to have a lot of member present lessons this week, too. So that was cool. I just saw so many miracles this week. I didn't even really realize it till coming here and writing them out for you guys. Also, this week we pulled a prank on the zone leaders, and they took it way too serious. Basically I told them that Mack had gone crazy and needed to go to the psychiatric center at the hospital. They got the Assistants to the presidents involved and everything. It was pretty funny. But they were pretty mad for a day. hahahah. Oh the joys of pranks.

This week I've been struggling with getting up on time. The heat is killing me. And I'm constantly tired. But, I'm trying my hardest, and that's what matters, right? I so badly want to be the missionary I need to be.
Yesterday, I bore my testimony in sacrament and it was such a testimony builder for me. One thing I love is that if Joseph Smith wasn't so humble, and asked in prayer, he would of never recieved an answer. I bore my testimony of prayer and how we can truly recieve answers. How amazing is that. 
I love being a missionary. I know the Gospel is true. It's hard to be here, but worth it. Some days I feel like it's never going to end, but then a mircale happens and it pushes me forward again.
I love having fun while out here, too. Some missionaries don't know how to laugh while being faithful, too. It's like, how do you survive without having a good time doing this work that is so exhausting?! I don't understand. Hahah.
I love you all so much. I pray for you all every night. I miss you all so much. Thanks for everything :)

-Sister Baker
The coolest person, EVER ;)