Sunday, July 8, 2012


Hello Fam, (June 18)

How are you all doing? I hope so good. :)

This week was one of the hardest weeks I have had yet. Seriously. A lot of emotions, a lot of break downs, super tired, and so on.
Tuesday we had a specialized training with my Zone and one other zone out here. It was amazing. I learned a lot!! It kind of kicked me in the butt, because I realize that I need to work on a lot, but at least I recognize where I can improve and I am trying to do so. We talked at the meeting about the Atonement and how it can change our lives and the lives of others. We talked of how we need to know a person, learn to love them, and then let them see that the Atonement is real and can change their lives. I love the Atonement. I have such a testimony of it.
Later on Tuesday, we met a guy named Jack. He was sitting on his porch and we proceeded to talk to him. He is awesome! A super chill guy. I don't exactly know what his desire level is yet, but it was a blessing to meet him because Mack and I have been struggling with finding people. People seem accepting of the message, but when you go back to their house, they shew you away. It's discouraging.
Then on Wednesday, a miracle happened. We tracted into this lady awhile ago. She is SOOO nice. But she told us at her doorstep that she had heard of us, but didn't want to hear our message. I have felt so strongly to go back to her place. Wednesday, we did so. When we got to her place she was outside with her 2yr old and newborn. She was very welcoming and just talked with us for awhile about normal every day things. I finally told her that she had been on our minds and that I knew this message could bless her and her family. She smiled and thanked me and said that she would like us to come back another day and share our message!! Her heart was softened. I'm excited to teach her. She is out of town the next week, but after that we have an appointment. I love receiving promptings and acting upon them to witness miracles. God truly is aware of every one of His children and their needs. I love it. I love witnessing it.

Friday, we had district meeting and I broke down in it. I just feel like I'm not doing any good here. I felt like I needed to be here, but I can't figure out why I am here. The work is hard. It's insanely hot, and I have no energy. I feel upset and like I should be doing more, but at the same time, I'm completely exhausted. I just want to make sure I am doing everything I can. President told Mack and I to pace ourselves. And that it's okay to rest when we need it. I appreciate him being so nice about it. He said he knows it is hot, and that we need to be careful of our bodies. 

We then visited some members and it was great. I love building relationships with members. The members are starting to love us more and more, and I'm starting to love the ward more. I'm really excited to have our BBQ this weekend that Mack and I have prepared. We feel like it will be a success and that we will get a lot of referrals from it. It's stressful planning it, but I know it will be worth it!!!
Saturday, I felt like we should go to these certain apartments. When we arrived, the first door we knocked on was a guy named manuel. He is awesome! We taught the first lesson, and he accepted a date. I know I was lead to him. The thing I've started to learn, is God doesn't always lead me to people because they are going to get baptized. Maybe it's to learn something else, or just to plant a seed.


I love you all. Thank you for your support. I have the greatest family, EVER :)

Have a great week!
Love,
Sister Baker