Sunday, July 8, 2012


Hello Familia :)  (June 11, 2012)


This week was hard, not going to lie, but we also experienced some miracles.
So our district leader encouraged us to use other ways to find people. We decided to go through the area book and look at some potentials and previous investigators. We felt as though we should go stop by a girl named katherines' place. We found the address was wrong because the apartment number on the sheet wasn't even a real apartment number. We saw a lady standing outside and started to talk to her. She was so nice and got us some pop to drink. Well, we continued to talk and she told us her husband was a member but that he hadn't gone in like 20 years. She told us she would like to learn and invited us in. We taught her, her husband, their daughter, and grandson. The lesson was AMAZING!!!!!! The three all accepted to be baptized. She was crying to us and told us how life has been hard and that she is searching for something better. Her husband was testifying the WHOLE lesson. He talked about the Holy Ghost and how fun church is. So amazing. Truly a miracle. We were led there for a reason. The other miraculous part is that we make goals every day. Our goal that day was to have 2 member present lessons. We were trying so hard to reach our goals and we needed one more member present lesson. Before going I prayed with Mack and in the prayer I asked that we could meet our goals. I mentioned in the prayer that I knew we probably wouldn't reach our member present lessons but to help us meet the others. Well, since the husband is a member.. that was a member present lesson. We met that goal, and now have 3 of the 4 baptisms scheduled that we want for the transfer. The church is true!!!!! Heavenly Father truly is aware of us.

Also this week, we went to the Relief Society Presidents house for a BBQ with the presidency. It was so fun! We had a BBQ and discussed the ward for 4 hours. We were there long, but got so much work done. It was amazing to gain a relationship and trust with the ward relief society presidency and to feel like we were needed. The relief society president, Sister Mead, is a hoot. I love her. I wouldn't get by down here without her and the Smith family. Sister Mead takes care of us. She feeds us when we dont' have meals and yesterday at church she brought a 10lb bag of chocolate for us to make the hard days go by better. I don't need more chocolate but she is so nice and funny. I feel like I can vent to her about anything and she wants to listen and help. It's great. After the BBQ, I left feeling so happy, good, and accomplished. Mack and I have been trying to do a lot of member work, and it's showing results. Our ward BBQ/Potluck is next weekend and I'm really excited to show the ward how us missionaries are truly wanting to invite everyone to come unto Christ.

On friday, we had district meeting. It was awesome. Every morning, I take 5-10 minutes to try to say an out loud prayer to my Heavenly Father, and I then write my thoughts in a prayer journal. Friday morning all I could think to write was how happy I am, and how grateful I am for the opportunites and blessings I have. How grateful I am for family and a friend like Aubree who has been my missionary in re activating me. Then at district meeting was talked aobut the scripture matthew 10:39.. the one on my plaque. I've always loved that scripture but it all made better sense that morning. I am truly happy, and only because I lost myself in the work for my Savior. Nothing brings more happiness than this work does. It's hard, but more rewarding than I could of ever imagined. I wasn't happy when I tried to live iwthout the Savior, and no one finds happiness until they truly understand the Atonement and apply it EVERY DAY in their lives. Something I've tried to do lately is apply the atonement daily and pray to be better the next day. It's been a great help on my mission to use that amazing gift.

The ward is growing!!!!!!!! So exciting. We had a baptism this weekend.. it was the zone leaders converts. We then had a BBQ with the ward after at the park and it was fun to hang out with the new converts and the ward.

Days are hard, but I know this is where I need to be.
The work is true. I know my Savior lives. I love the Gospel.
Have a great week :)
-Sister Baker