Monday, March 11, 2013

March 11, 2013

Hi everyone :)

I'm doing so good right now :)

I"M GOING TO SALIDA :) I'm so excited!!!!!!!!!! It just feels right, ya know? Sister K is staying here in both wards and training two new girls. I will go to Salida and have one new girl. We are opening up the area, too. No missionaries were there this last transfer, so should be exciting. Training, flushing, and opening the area. Too crazy! It is kind of stressful, but pretty exciting. We looked up pictures of it and it looks so pretty. Looks like my kind of town. I hear it's kind of a hippie-ville. Can't wait. :) Hahaha. Salida has been requesting sisters for awhile now so I know the branch is really excited for us to come. I pray my new girl is great and that we find success there.

-----'s baptism was AMAZING. So amazing. SO MANY PEOPLE CAME. We have a huge relief society room and it was FULL. When he was baptized the spirit was so dang strong. After, while he was changing, I got to share the first lesson with everyone in the room. I was crying the whole time. I was just so overcome with the spirit. It was such a great moment for me to talk at his baptism.  He told his conversion story and the whole room was just silent. The spirit was so strong. Then, a member in the ward got up and started to cry as he presented the LDS artwork of "fishers of men." The ward pitched in to get it for him. The member read from the talk by Elder Holland called "the first great commandment".. He told ------ that he was now a disciple. It was truly amazing. The spirit was so strong.

The best part of the whole baptism, was seeing how happy he was. He looked different. He looked happy. I asked him if he was happy afterwards, he smiled, and said he was so happy.

I just can't get over how much the Lord is truly blessing me. We are seeing so much less active work done, investigators baptized, the ward becoming more unified, etc. It's just so great.

I have such a testimony of this gospel. I have a testimony of the power of prayer. I've truly come to understand that Heavenly Father is my Father. I know Jesus Christ died so that each one of us could live again. I know the Book of Mormon is the word of God. I know that obedience is so important in this work. I love that each one of us have different personalities. Through our different personalities we can change peoples lives. What a blessing.

I love this gospel.

LOVE YOU ALL :)
MISS YOU, TOO.

-Sister Baker :)