Monday, April 8, 2013

April 8


My week was really good! It seems like a blur though. It flew by. The days are all blending together and time is going too fast. AHH. Hahha

Sister Hansen and I are starting to go to all the YW activites because there is only one active YW and she is a convert. So we went to the activity this week and it was fun to hang out with the YW girl. She is hilarious.

So on Friday night, Sister Hansen and I were planning for Saturday. We had nothing scheduled in except for conference and dinner. I had the impression that we should do a fast to find people to teach and to also receive the answers we are seeking for from conference. Sister Hansen thought it was a great idea. We said a prayer and felt that we should fast to find 3 new people ready for baptismal dates. We also asked to receive answers to prayers from the prophets. After the Sat morning session, we didn't take a lunch break.. we just tracted for those 2 hours. Then after the Sat afternoon session, we went tracting for another 2 and a half hours before dinner. We taught SOOOOO many lessons. Found 2 new investigators. Invited like 4 people to be baptized. And just felt so good. We didn't find 3 people wiht a date like we wanted.. but as I was pondering whether my faith was strong enough.. I got to thinking about my will vs. the Lord's will. Just because we wanted to see that, doesn't mean the Lord had it in store for us that day. We did see so many miracles and I know that we were blessed for our fast. I received all the answers I wanted from conference and learned an important lesson about the Lord's will. Needless to say, we were exhausted that evening when we went in. It had been a long, good day. We worked our butts off. We met a lady while tracting who I really feel will be baptized. Her name is Beverley and she is awesome. She is about 70.. and when she opened the door she told us that she is searching for a church and that she is really going through a lot of changes in her life. She just sold her business, her husband passed away and she doesn't like the teachings of her church. We taught her the story of the restoration and the spirit was so strong. We invited her to be baptized but she said she couldn't commit right now. She told us that it's so interesting that we showed up because her best friend has been saying he wants to attend the LDS church. I told her that it is not by chance that we knocked her door, but that the Lord wants her to hear our message. 

Yesterday was good. I just love conference. And Elder Holland is the MAN! I love him. He is such a power house. I loved his talk.

When I was young.. conference seemed to take forever to be over. Now... It goes by too fast. I want more! hahah. I love conference and it was much needed. It was so uplifting to hear the great words of the modern day prophets. I feel refreshed and ready to do the work. :) I love being a missionary.
Saturday just made me so happy to be a missionary. IT made me not want to waste any of the time I have left here. There is a great work to be done in Salida and I want to see it accomplished.

Other than that, not much is new. Sister Hansen and I are getting along a lot better. She is funny. She is so innocent.  SHe has opened up a lot and we have good times together. I'm glad I'm training her :)

I love this gospel.

2 Nephi 2: 5-6. I read these and thought of the promised land as being the Celestial Kingdom. We can't obtain it wihtout the hand of the Lord, His atonement. :)

LOVE YOU ALL :)

-Sister Baker